how to format entire harddrive or is it possible?

Reaction score
How can I format my entire harddrive and is it possible? if it's not possible how can I format all but mac OS X?

Reaction score
Sure, start from the System Install disk (hold down the option key at startup). Select your language, select Utilities from the menu bar, select Disk Utility, Erase. This will completely reformat your drive, erasing all of your data... Why do you want to do this? Is there some problem that you are trying to fix?

OP
V
Reaction score
i've installed windows and linux and now i dont need them. And I linux isn't mac version and I dont have drivers to it and it doesn't work so good... and I cant start windows.

Reaction score
i've installed windows and linux and now i dont need them. And I linux isn't mac version and I dont have drivers to it and it doesn't work so good... and I cant start windows.

Well then, sounds like a good time to start over! Good luck!

Reaction score
is there a way he can just format the windows/linux partition and give it back to OSX?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15'' MBP Santa Rosa, 2.2 , 8600M GT, 120GB 5400RPM, DL DVD+/-RW SuperDrive
I had a similar experience with resizing the HD with XP on it and didn't turn out well. XP booted but BSOD right after loading. I had to reformat the ENTIRE HD and start from scratch. Why does he need linux for? Can't he do the same things on OS X?

You can also try loading the Recovery Disc that came with his notebook, load setup, and try using Disk Utility to format and merge the partitions but I highly doubt it will work.

Reaction score
I got a the same question..

I got a macbook and I like to erase everythin..
as if it was completly new...
How can I do dat
I want to give my laptop to my cousin but, as if it was new!

Reaction score
format help pleas

i need to format my macbook pro, i know how to but i am not sure what to do after the format is done or what will happen after it is done. can someone tell me what will happen and what you need to do after format is done. i heard you need to put the osx application disk....

Reaction score
Yo,

I also want to erase my mac, i screwed up my java and can't repair it with an update. But when i didn't get the OSX CD with it when i bought it almost a year ago. Is there another way to erase my mac?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No you need the OS X DVD to format and then do a clean install period.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.