light on power cord.

I

i_luv_imports

alright..my power cord is plugged in and the tool bar at the top says that it's plugged in but the green light keeps going on and off..i'm wondering if it is something i should be worried about..
oh btw. i'm new. hi!

OP
M

MoltenLava

You might want to recalibrate your battery and see if the problem goes away. Just use your laptop on the battery without plugged to the wall until the computer shuts down. It might take a while to drain the battery though. You might want to watch a DVD on your laptop to drain the battery faster. You will first get a warning saying the battery level is low. Just keep using until the computer goes into the sleep. Then plug into the wall, and fully charge the battery. Apple recommends recalibrating the battery every once in a while.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
how come the light somtimes turns orange!
It never really happend to me but on my friends ibook i always see it turn to orange.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

mine use to flicker like that aswell on and off...found out that there was a short in the cable...probably best you give apple a call if its new you might be slowly on your way to frying your pbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
tariq said:
orange - charging
green - charged

Mine is always green! what does that meen. hey that rimes!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
firsteggprez said:
Mine is always green! what does that meen. hey that rimes!

You hardly ever unplug it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no im off the battery all the time. it has always been green.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.