quicktime subtitles

Reaction score
Hi, I just got my macbook last week and I can't find any programs that will read my subtitles with my avi files. The subtitle format is usually in .srt or .sub. Is there a plugin that makes it so quicktime can read these formats or does quicktime read a different type of subtitle format?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Intel C2D, 4GB RAM
has anyone found a solution to this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
its very simple to do that...just make sure that the avi file & the srt file have the same name (identical exept for the extension)

then place them both in the same folder...now when you play your avi file the subtitles will appear...

(make sure u have all the updates to quicktime & perian incase its not working after following he above instructions)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Intel C2D, 4GB RAM
but i only have a.sub file, is there a way to convert it to .srt maybe?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
personally i have ever come across a .sub file...so i cannot comment on that...

Reaction score
hey man

its very simple to do that...just make sure that the avi file & the srt file have the same name (identical exept for the extension)

then place them both in the same folder...now when you play your avi file the subtitles will appear...

(make sure u have all the updates to quicktime & perian incase its not working after following he above instructions)

I did what u wrote but still when i want open it doesnt read teh subtitles
please help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.