iPod to iPhoto Transfer

Reaction score
Hey all,

My new MBP just arrived on Friday (hurrah!) and I'm loving the experience so far, but I have one problem.

Basically, I have photos on my iPod which I would like to have on my computer but I can't seem to transfer them. I don't see that there would be any walls that Apple has set up as they have with music since personal photos aren't copyrighted, obviously.

I think the problem may lie in the fact that all my photos were put onto my iPod from a Windows machine. Do you think this is the case?

If anyone has any idea, please do let me know. I've tried to transfer them by "Import to file" but when I navigate to my photo database on my iPod it just tells me that they could not be transferred because they may not be recognizable or they may be unsupported.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Unless you click the option to upload the full scale photos, the only pic on your ipod are small thumbnails anyway. It sounds like you only have the thumbnails in which it's generally a one way street up to the ipod and not vis versa. The photos are syncd with your pc database. Your better off just drag and drop your photo's over in disk mode, as in use the ipod as an external hard drive and not as an ipod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.