Vuze\Azureus Forum?

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to Mac and recently downloaded Azureus and cannot configure it. My downloads are taking 2 days. I need to figure out how to make them go faster. Does anyone know where you can find this out, or a forum especially for this problem? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
Hi,
I am new to Mac and recently downloaded Azureus and cannot configure it. My downloads are taking 2 days. I need to figure out how to make them go faster. Does anyone know where you can find this out, or a forum especially for this problem? Thanks.

mine are downloading at 120 kbps. Ofcourse they all have 50+ seeders. How many seeders are there and whats ur connection speed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Well, you're probably not going to get a whole lot of love for BT with azureus here since some of that might be considered...frowned upon.

However, since you are obviously using BT to download Linux ISOs, upgrades, and oh, say, videos that you made with iMovie that you uploaded to your website and would like to download later to show to your friends at parties here's probably what you should do to expedite such things:

What's probably happening is that your router is firewalling the ports used and, while azureus is pretty good at navigating the default router firewall settings, there are some things you can do to improve it's ability to speed things up a bit. On my router (for when I want to download the latest Linux ISO for testing on my decrepit Dell hardware) I've set up the router to open up ports TCP 62585 -> 62585 and pointed them at the IP that my Mac usually gets assigned to it (usually 198.162.1.2) and this has improved things so that those Linux ISO's and videos I've created with iMovie that I've uploaded to my own website with completely original and owned by me content elsewhere such that I can download them with BT wherever I might end up being fairly quickly. Also for those times when, for whatever reason or other I've deleted NeoOffice from my Mac and suddenly find myself needing to re-install from the downloaded via BT .dmg this helps bring it down much more quickly so I can expedite getting the work done that I need that much faster. Follow the instructions for your own brand of router to see how your particular router can make that happen. Look for a section called 'port forwarding'.

This is also covered in the online azureus documentation which can be found rather easily via a google search. Much like other things can be found. Not that there's anything wrong with that. We're just talking about moving bits about the ether here, right?

Right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 15 inch, 2.3 C2D
Well good to know some americans are hopping on the BT P2P bandwagon, where Europe rules !

Walkerj, your post and subtle hints are as coy as a blushing virgin, but I understand ya'll still living under the big boots of corporate big shots.

I don't understand the hypocrisy here - we're not free to TALK about bittorrents and P2P because the mods get scared out of their pants .. guys please get a backbone and some sense, it is a free country and no infringing is going on !

To answer your question and get you started into the Bittorrent lifestyle (the future), what walkerj said is pretty much accurate, although I use Transmission for Mac, let me know your bandwidtth, router used, and average seeders/leechers for the torrent you tried downloading and getting slow speeds ( would you be specific, like 3 kbps etc)

Oh, i heartily recommend The Pirate Bay www.thepiratebay.org, which is where the free go for their torrent needs !

Good luck mate and hope you join us pirates !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Well good to know some americans are hopping on the BT P2P bandwagon, where Europe rules !

Walkerj, your post and subtle hints are as coy as a blushing virgin, but I understand ya'll still living under the big boots of corporate big shots.

I don't understand the hypocrisy here - we're not free to TALK about bittorrents and P2P because the mods get scared out of their pants .. guys please get a backbone and some sense, it is a free country and no infringing is going on !

Precisely. Living in America (which is a great James Brown song I might add) makes it so I have to be necessarily coy about what and how one would use bittorrent to download stuff. Here's a little disclaimer: There are "legitimate" uses for the bittorrent protocol here in the 21st century of the internet.

The 'corporate boot' is exactly that. I happen to work for one of those big corporations and they seem to have been formed strictly for the purposes of farking with people, and litigation seems to be the big money-pot anymore these days. Heck, some of the recent policies that Apple has implemented with the iPhone and other iProducts are reflections of this "infringement" (or as they like to call it, "piracy") FUD that is being slung about in what is a global (and corporations like to tout their 'globalness' while keeping an American outlook on how laws should be enforced) environment. So yes, it is the absolute definition of hypocracy.

Anyway, with the router settings I originally posted, I get something on the order of anywhere between 20-150kbps depending on the seeder/leecher ratio of whatever it is I might be downloading. I've tried other BT clients, but azureus is one that is at the very least most reliable so I use it. I have a 5MB/S FIOS (fiber optic) connection with a non-cable-company ISP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 15 inch, 2.3 C2D
Harrrrr! A fellow Pirate !

Apple IS becoming Microsoft, and though Macs are GREAT Apple does like its lawyers and copyrights, darn, not their business to lock the phone, consumers buy it and should choose what network they want to use their iPhone, draaats, good thing I unlocked that thing, its a peculiarity in the U.S. for cellular operators to lock handsets with their service plans while in Europe you can buy any phone and choose which service ..

Yes to P2P and Bitorrents I say, Napster led the way,was crushed, but Bitorrents are here to stay har Har !

The MPAA even shutdown Torrentspy and Suprnova, banning u.s.visitors to torrentspy was the only option left to the former, rather than submit ( Proxies, hello?)

Torrents are going to bring down the whole Hollywood-MPAA-RCIA * recording association of america or something) and usher in a new era where us pirates sail the internet in search of plunder har har !

oH, Azureus is recommended for americans specifically because it has PeerGuardian to protect your Ip address as well as encryption so your ISP doesn't snoop/ and throttle your--

Looking at the magnificent collection of movies, videos,and music on my hardrive, all hail to Bittorrents !

Oh, the legal section at the Pirate Bay is hilarious, see lawyers get embarassed !! Haaaar

Am I suspended yet / Me-thinks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
Yes to P2P and Bitorrents I say, Napster led the way,was crushed, but Bitorrents are here to stay har Har !
Dunno about theat, Comcast blocked any and all connections through torrents, so ive ehard. :Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.