Anyone have "dots?"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Just got back from the Apple store with my 3rd iPhone...the last 2 sucking...and it looks good except I just found something on this one that the other 2 didn't have, but isn't as annoying as the reasons I returned the other 2...tiny white dots all over the screen, which are pretty hard to see. I found this pic online from others that have it...anyone else have these? It appears to be the touch matrix. They're not THAT annoying...but I'm SO SICK OF GOING TO THE APPLE STORE. This particular replacement phone was even fresh out of a box...

21521.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
Mine does not look like that....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Looking very closely at my screen, I can see faint white dots, but they are nowhere near as prominent as the ones in the picture you posted

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Check out this post from another forum, it seems TONS of phones have been having this issue...it seems some geniuses at the store have been saying its normal when obviously it isn't, as the 2 phones I had before this one didn't have this at all, and many other people don't have it. The strangest part is these dots can change position depending on the activity of the phone, such as powering up or when you hide the controls when viewing a photo. This implies that it's the touch technology that isn't being hidden correctly...I'm not too sure what I should do as it seems that the likelihood of getting a new phone with the same issue is extremely high. This sounds like a huge problem to me that somehow isn't making much noise. On my phone if the screen is mostly black it's pretty easy to see the dots.

I have made 5 trips to the apple store this month regarding my phone, and had it replaced twice so far, once being out of a sealed box. I'm starting to lose faith in apple, at least in terms of manufacturing. At least the employees are doing their job of replacing them...the only problem is it feels like a majority of the phones have defects, so replacing is pointless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.