mp3 to wav

Reaction score
Hi
I am a mac newbie, and am looking for a program...or should I say application to convert mp3 to wav. Can anyone make a suggestion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alu MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB DDR3, 160 + 320GB HDD, Gforce 9400m - iPhone 8GB 2.2 T-Mobile
are you wanting the wav files on you Mac or is it for the purpose of making an audio cd? if so, get Roxio Toast.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes , for the purpose of burning audio cd. I have toast already. I couldn't see the option to convert from mp3 to wav, but maybe it does so automatically once i drop the files in and hit record. Am trying it now...
I've been a pc user until now...and still getting used to the mac way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
If your just after making an audio cd. Then just convert the tracks to AIFF format with itunes. And these AIFF files can be burnt to a cd in toast. Just use the audio cd tab in toast and you'll be fine.

By the way I think AIFF stands for Audio International File Format.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.