Slight Dilemma

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 15.4" Glossy, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD, Nvidia 8600GT 256MB
Hi there everyone,

Finally making the switch from PC to Mac proudly might i add. Ordered a Macbook Pro about 2 days ago so eagerly awaiting its arival :D.

To my point, I only realised Apple was releasing Leopard this October today and i already ordered the Mac Pro and its going to ship on the 2nd of October so im kinda curious if i should just buy the OS seperately or by any miracle what so ever Leopard is coming out at the start of October and the Mac Pro i orderd might come with it (i know this is a long shot lol)?

In short what should i do cancel the order and then wait for Leopard to be released and then get the Mac Pro or just buy the OS seperately ?

Thx for any help :)

DK

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
We really do not know for sure just when in October Leopard will be released. Since your machine is being shipped the 2nd of October, Apple usually will give the new OS the first 2 weeks or so to people who just bought a new system. If it comes out the very end of October you might be out of luck. You can just purchase it for $129 if that happens. Since you have ordered the Mac (Mac Pro I take it?) I would just let it come and see what happens when Leopard is released. Since it's in the same month there is a chance they will upgrade you.

OP
DonkeyKong
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 15.4" Glossy, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD, Nvidia 8600GT 256MB
Ohh sweet yea their OS prices are extremely low so its not really a bother. I still hope by any chance what so ever it comes with it but if it doesn't i'll just order it seperately.

Thank you for your reply m8 :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.