Any ideas for future Mac Mini?

Reaction score
I want to buy a Mac Mini to use in my home office but am wondering if there's been any speculation of the next Mac Mini. For awhile I know it was rumored it would disappear but yet it was updated. I wish they had added 'n' networking instead of g. I've heard how now the Macbook may be going to aluminum so I'm wondering if the Mini will be doing that and no longer being in the white enclosure. Any ideas?

Reaction score
I can't see there being any significant updates. Even the Core 1 to Core 2 duo was a minor update. The only change I'd like to see would be the inclusion of a good graphics card, such as the 2600XT/Pro. I'd even settle for an X1600. But that seems unlikely to happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
Not likely soon, its just had an upgrade. Its also not the best value in the world!!

By the time you add a keyboard, mouse and monitor it has reached the price of an iMac that would be better spec.

If you plan on using an existing monitor, keyboard and mouse its still not great value as the same spec macbook is only just over £200 or so more and you have the advantage of portability too.

My mini has been relegated to set top box/torrent/itunes server !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.