New iPhone - Just a thought

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Apologies straight up if this is in the wrong section.

I was driving my car earlier thinking about the iphone and the new touch screens (and had just read stuff about rumours of a new touch screen Mac book (pro?). I am also going up to Sheffield tomorrow to see my girlfriend and oggle at the new iPods and hopefully the ipod touch.

Anyway, all of a sudden an image of a new iphone flashed in my head with the name "iPhone - Nano" above it, like an Apple advert.

The reason this happened I think was because as I drove around the city centre of Bristol looking for somewhere to park, I seen a guy grab his mobile drunkenly and gawp at it, stab some buttons and shove it back into his pocket.

I then thought "See, now if that was the iphone, would you handle it that roughly, and therefor, does the ipod in it's current state have 'appeal-ability' to the average user?"

So then I had the 'vision' and I thought I would write about it here to see what people thought. Maybe Apple will read this and might take heed ( I WISH!)

Anyway, in my vision, the phone was about an inch shorter than the iPhone and about half the width, but in my mind it was basically just the phone section of the iphone with a 16Gb ipod nano built in. No Safari, no youtube, none of that, just the Ipod Nano with a phone. it would still have the touch screen, Messaging, all the phone features you would expect, just also a decent ipod and a nice touch screen (no tmulti touch)

I guess, writing about it now, a nano version of the iphone.

Imagine, though, if this existed, and cost about £120 with a contract, I mean, 1) it would be more within most peoples price range 2) it would be more withstanding (possibly) because it would be much simpler technology and smaller and 3) it would have Apples lovely design features and uses.

I just quickly photoshopped up what it looked like in my head.

Thinking about it, maybe 16Gb is a bit much, maybe just a 4gb.

Anyway, what do people think of this idea?

If it gets made, you seen it here first! ;D
iPhone nano.jpg

OP
melmation
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ipone Nano

Oh gosh,

appologies for the poor grammer and also the way I described what I was going on about. I have been up for nearly 20 hours and am a bit tired.

I hope you guys get the jist of what I was rambling on about :D

Mel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
It would be hard to type on, because it is so small. But a great idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
It would be hard to type on, because it is so small. But a great idea.

They can make it so all text input would be done in landscape view, making it much easier.

OP
melmation
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Text input

That's what I was thinking about the text input, do it in landscape. So there would be a slimmer viewing area of what you type, but the keyboard would appear in landscape.

After making this last night, I found on the net a few references to iPhone Nano ideas, but they seemed to be based on the idea of just shrinking the phone and keeping all the features.

I think Apple would do well to release one next year for Christmas, and take out the big features such as multi touch, Accelerometer, WiFI and thus reduce the cost and have something which is more a phone and less a PDA.

I would buy one for sure!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 15.4" Glossy, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD, Nvidia 8600GT 256MB
Wow awesome idea sounds better then the acctual iPhone they got lol

I'd buy it no doubt about it 16Gb of space and a phone too who wouldn't?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Oh wow that is a good idea. If this nano was a good price even I'd think about getting one. Cause I find the standart iphone just to physically large for my liking as a phone. And considering the nano is the most popular ipod. I think there is a market for this. And it's there for the milking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.