PAV Board

C

chunkin

Hi. I recently took my imac to the apple store to have it repaired. They told me that I had a bad Power/Audio/Video Board and that it would cost around $300 to fix. I took it home and found a PAV board for $50. Now I originally bought this at a yard sale, it worked so I upgraded to os xv10.2 not knowing that I needed to update firmware. After that it worked for about a day then the monitor quit. I replaced the PAV and turned it on. Now when I turn it on the only thing I have is a blue screen. What do I need to do now? Thanks.

OP
C

chunkin

ok so i've been messing with it and if i put the install disc in let go into sleep mode after i get it out of sleep mode i get the instal screen, but when i click instal it freezes. help?

OP
F

flonejek

umm if you can boot of the mac osx disk you should be able to update the firmware, if you can't then you'll have to reinstall os 9, then stick in the osx cd and there should be a firmware update folder with some os9 firmware update apps in it which you can update the firmware from, good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.