Need input before purchase

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
I have made the decision to buy the iPhone. But, before doing so, can you answer some questions for me?

1. I have read where telephone reception is not up to par. Specifically, low volume. Any feedback on this?

2. It is my perception that most upgrades to the phone will be in a software update. Is this the case?

3. How bad is EDGE? I am not a purist, but do expect some level of quality. How does connectivity work? Can I get it most anywhere, or are there only specific locations and conditions under which I can access the i/net?

4. Can I read my existing email account or when going with AT&T do I have to get a new address?

5. Are there any really annoying quirks with it?

Thanks a lot for your help. I was going to wait on this, but being your basic compulsive gadget guy, I think I might bite the bullet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Of course software updates will be easy, but there probably will be a new iPhone as early at Q1 next year with 3G capability. I would expect any design changes for at least a year.

As far as coverage, GSM is pretty widespread, but every area is different. Check out your area on their coverage map. You have to put in your address to get the real detail: http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/

Anything you can do on the web sans flash you can do with the iPhone, so you should be able to check email at least through the web. I don't see why you would have to change your email.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.