imac logs off after an hour

Reaction score
Hello guys,

i was wondering if any of you could help me with the following...

first of all, i recently installed Limewire and Transmission in my imac... when i download torrents, i usually leave the imac on then go do something else. then i notice that the imac keeps logging out after an hour and closes all applications that are running including messenger and msn. i tried counteracting this by making sure that in System Preferences - sleep mode is set to NEVER but it still logs off after an hour.... is there a way around this?

secondly, how do i uninstall applications? i know in windows they have ADD?REMOVE Program in control panel...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Do you have a screen saver running that forces you to log back in? Maybe that's doing it.

Uninstalling an App on a mac is very easy. Quit the program, then drag it's icon into the trash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, 512 ram, 250gb h/d 20"
Go to system pref./security there is an option there to log out after an hour, you have to disable that. That should fix your prob.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.