Apple Mini DVI to DVI Adapter - alternatives?

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking about purchasing an Apple Mini DVI to DVI Adapter so that I can use an Acer TFT monitor I might be getting soon for my Macbook (mid-2007 spec.).

Apple of course sells them here: http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=93FE2CAF&nplm=M9321

Relatively cheap, it's made by Apple etc. so I would buy it straight away. BUT - I am terrified it will be too short. It is tiny! The monitor I want is one of the kind that rotates, thus raising the DVI socket farther off the desk.

Are there alternatives or is this an 'Apple only' product? And if there are alternatives, what are they called and where to look for them (UK)?

Thank you very much!

F

Fallooza

you will still need a dvi cable ta connect to the adapter. you are right though its way too short ta use by it self

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Isn't the adapter so you can then take the monitor cable supplied by your Acer monitor and plug it into that? The adapter itself doesn't go into your monitor...

OP
P
Reaction score
Oh! I see! Now I get it...
I take the DVI cable from the monitor and plug it into that. As you can probably see, I'm not knowledgeable about these sorts of things...

Thank you so much!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.