• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

More genius courtesy of Vista

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I mean it is an overly capitalist thing in that less effort or expense to make money.... but to each his own i guess...

It is a capitalist thing. But if you can make more money with more effort, that's profit maximization. So, IF (VERY BIG IF) Microsoft can make more money, then they're not acting like capitalists.

Reaction score
My friend's installer on windows isn't working, so he can't even install a new installer!

Reaction score
Microsoft runs today mainly on initial momentum, which was achieved by their past efforts.

Good, now...

As I said earlier, they are dying. Their engines are applying energy to the wrong gear ratio and they are investing more resources with lower return. This is what we call, inefficiency.

Soon enough their momentum will deplete, and they will die. Unless they come up with a brilliant, new and INNOVATIVE idea.

With obstacles like Linux, open source and Mac... They're goners.

Reaction score
Microsoft runs today mainly on initial momentum, which was achieved by their past efforts.

Good, now...

As I said earlier, they are dying. Their engines are applying energy to the wrong gear ratio and they are investing more resources with lower return. This is what we call, inefficiency.

Soon enough their momentum will deplete, and they will die. Unless they come up with a brilliant, new and INNOVATIVE idea.

With obstacles like Linux, open source and Mac... They're goners.

Interesting take. Goes along with a review I read a few months ago (escapes me where though) which compared the present state of Microsoft to GM and the similarities are striking. It would appear you are right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
To make up for me kinda spoiling the humour back there, here's one I got while trying to install a certificate for our Intranet into Internet Explorer...

cert_error2.jpg

I answered No.

Reaction score
Interesting take. Goes along with a review I read a few months ago (escapes me where though) which compared the present state of Microsoft to GM and the similarities are striking. It would appear you are right.

This may seem like self-praise, but I must cease this opportunity to say that it was my opinion and mine alone.

It is passionate, yet unbiased. Independent and uninfluenced.

What does this mean? You'll have to take my word for this...

At least two sources, completely isolated from one another share the same viewpoint.

In most cases this proves, there is some truth to the proposal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.