12" PB 1.5GHZ Superdrive Ejects Discs

Reaction score
Hey there,

I just bought a Powerbook 1.5ghz 12" laptop with a Superdrive. The Superdrive is allowing me to insert a disc (install/recovery discs) but then it makes a weird noise and spits it out right away. It has done this with other discs as well. The firmware revision is set to GAND (this model is a UJ-835) while the firmware update 2.0, which I just downloaded, says everything is updated.

Anyone can help? Please

OP
D
Reaction score
Can anyone just please let me know if the drive is dead, if it's a firmware update problem, or anything else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP LED 15" SR 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, NIVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
99% of the time it means that your optical drive needs replacing. You can get a used replacement for about $100. Installing it is rather easy, there's lots of guides online.

Reaction score
My Powerbook same specs motherboard just broke about two months ago but before it mysteriously broke the drive didnt accept media in the drive either. It is weird how many things can go wrong with it. I still think it was the best computer I ever owned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.