flip 4 mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Macbook: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB Memory, 120GB Hard drive, Double layer Super Drive
i hope this is the right place for this topic.

i want streaming audio from a website and so i downloaded flip 4 mac. this allows that streaming audio to work, but then all the visuals on websites show the quicktime signal with a ? mark in the middle. i also cant play Movies on youtube as the same symbol shows up. can someone help me please?
-Derek

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I was able to play Youtube flicks long before I downloaded Flip 4 Mac. I would consider re-downloading your browser (safari/firefox). I am 99% sure that Youtube is shockwave not WMV.

Reaction score
Make sure QuickTime isn't your default Flash player. To correct your QuickTime preferences:
1. Open QuickTime Player.
2. Click "Edit" in the menu bar.
3. Click "Preferences," then click "QuickTime Preferences."
4. Click the "Browser" tab.
5. Click "MIME Settings."
6. In the "MIME Types" box, make sure the "Miscellaneous" option is unchecked.
7. Click "OK," "Apply," and "OK."
8. Restart your computer.

EDIT: I should have asked if you have the latest version of Flash Player? If not, you may have to upgrade.

Otherwise,
1. Temporarily disable popup blocker to test.
2. You may also have to allow (add) "YouTube.com" as a trusted site in your firewall.
3. Ensure Quicktime, iTunes, and or Real Player aren't set to the default streaming application.

MDP

Reaction score
I had the same problem.
The DocZO6 solution worked also for me!
Thanks to all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
This forum is great, people are actually helping other members that need help. Kudos to this forum.
Yeah, sorry for being a little off-topic. :/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.