MAC Office Entourage 2008

Reaction score
Reading all the reports on the upcoming release of Office MAC 08 and it looks good. Like the layout and new features. I was doing some looking around and I couldn't find any info on Entourage features. I was just wondering if anyone new if the 08 version of Entourage would FINALLY accept the import of PST files from Outlook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
Very little information has been released about Entourage. I haven't seen anything about the feature you mentioned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
I think they should make it cross-compatible with Outlook. Or maybe change the whole thing to Outlook. Isn't their a special Outlook attachment format?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Methinks that Outlook import will be off the table. Anything that makes Windows -> Mac migration less of a pain in the *** is not going to be released by Microsoft. At least that's my take on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
In regards to Entourage, all I have read or heard is better capabilities with exchange servers, etc. I like Outlook on windows with the start screen (showing appointments, etc) I doubt we would get anything close to that on the Mac version. I stopped using Entourage several years ago. Now with Pages, Numbers, and of course Keynote, it is hard to justify me buying the new office. I might just get Word, because I don't use PowerPoint, and Entourage, and rarely Excel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
Methinks that Outlook import will be off the table. Anything that makes Windows -> Mac migration less of a pain in the *** is not going to be released by Microsoft. At least that's my take on it.

I agree....

Its not a good business strategy if ur gonna allow versions of your software for other platforms (i.e. Mac) to have the same features... You would need to keep the best features for your own platform so that others will be more convinced to stay or convert... :Angry-Tongue:

Microsoft has done the same thing with its Microsoft Messenger for mac... even the latest one does not have video or audio chat... and the windows version has had it for a long time now... This is how Microsoft plays and tries to keep the monopoly going with its OS... It knows it OS is crappy so it tries to get people hooked on applications and features that are only available with them and make people believe that we cannot live without those apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Hopefully, the latest EU ruling will mandate them to open up their standards somewhat, and inform other software vendors how their protocols work. But I'm not sure that ruling includes office, or if it's just Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.