Volume

Reaction score
Why is the volume on my 2nd gen. 4 gig iPod nano so low?

Am I missing something here? When I have the iTrip hooked up to my car, my car volume is basically all the way up, even when I listen to it on my headphones.

Someone please help.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
In "settings" you can adjust the overall volume of the nano. Then you can lock it. I assume that is so if you have a kid that you don't want to hurt his ears, you can set it, password protect it and give it to him knowing he can only turn it up so loud.

T

OP
T
Reaction score
I was talking to a buddy of mine, and he can actually put his iPod Louder in his car....when I'm in my car, I can only adjust it through the radio.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
as said by mac 257 the settings could be locked at a low volume. this helps your ears not become deaf when you have ear plugs in

OP
T
Reaction score
Problem solved...okay, firstly, my iPod volume wasn't locked, but what I did was, I took the FM transmitter off and I attached it to the tape deck connection. I was able to adjust the volume this way.

So, it was my FM transmitter that wasn't letting me adjust the volume.

Anybody using a good FM transmitter that allows you to adjust the volume?

The one that I was using was the iTrip made by Greffin.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.