Running .exe in windows; literally

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.2Ghz 2GB
Hello,

I like how crossover lets me run .exe programs in windows and doesn't make me boot XP. I don't like how for bootcamp I have to restart and as far as emulators go; vmware, parallels, they are resource hogs. I am looking for a program like crossover but with more compatibility. Any help is appreciated.

BTW: I am running a Macbook Pro, the newest one.

Regards,
MacMyK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
With 2GB of RAM you have more than enough room to run VMWare or Parallels. I win Windows VMs with 1GB of RAM without any problems, so I'm not sure what you mean by resource hogs.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.2Ghz 2GB
The point is I want it to run in "windows" and not a seperate os. I have heard of something called "utility mode" in vmware? I can't seem to read up on it though. Crossover is great but it just doesn't support the software I want to run.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
Crossover

Same here just give crossover some time, I sent them an email because I wanted software to be able to run and they said they would be on it. And in 4 weeks it was there and tried out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
The point is I want it to run in "windows" and not a seperate os. I have heard of something called "utility mode" in vmware? I can't seem to read up on it though. Crossover is great but it just doesn't support the software I want to run.

Windows *is* a separate OS. Using things like Crossover is a fudge - you really need to use Windows to run Windows software. I use VMWare and I really don't have any problems, a working Windows machine is 30 seconds away at most.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.