Record Alarm

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was wondering if there was some sort of alarm app where you could easily record your voice to say something as the alarm goes on. (Like alarm then voice then alarm then voice...) or just play your voice over and over in a way to wake you up?

The reason I was wondering is that I have a real problem getting up in the morning and early in the morning I literally forget why I am waking up early, then when I hear (remember) why I have less trouble. So if I had my voice that I could change for each day tell me I would have less trouble.

BTW this is a serious post, and if there isn't an app that does this it would be a nice feature!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
This would be my solution to your problem. And I'll layout the steps in which I'd do it.

1. Download "Mailvoiceclip" fron:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11428

2. Use that app to record what you want to say at the end of the alarm. As you said why you are being woken up.

3. Find a nice alarm sound you like to use.

4. Use a sound editing app to turn make a new sound. It will be your alarm followed by a little blank then it'll say what you just recorded. All as one sound file.

5. Use this newly created sound file as your alarm so your mac will wake you up with that. Or you can transfer that sound to another device to wake you up.

Well that's my best idea at how to solve your problem. Not 100% sure it'll work. But it should.
And this requires your mac to have an inbuilt mic or you can use an external one. But most modern macs have an inbuilt one anyways.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Every month I make a new personalised alarm for myself using Garageband and the built in microphone. I add in jingles and weird noises and end it up with a lot of shouting and scratching. Definitely gets me going....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I second the above method. It should work just as well as mine would have. But a little less hassle I think.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.