External Monitors

Reaction score
Hi.

Can anyone tell me how to connect 2 external monitors to my Powerbook G4?

Can it be done simply by splitting the two DVI's from the monitors into one DVI going into the PB via a Y Cord?

I move my PB around a lot, so ideally I would like to use some kind of docking port to minimize the disconnecting/reconnecting of inputs.

Does anyone know of an efficient way to get this done?

Being low tech, I would especially appreciate detailed instructions/advice, but all comments are welcome!

dj
Powerbook G4 1.5 Ghz (2004)

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi. Trying this post again as it just disappeared...

Can anyone tell me how to connect 2 external monitors to my Powerbook G4?

Can it be done simply by splitting the two DVI's from the monitors into one going into the PB via a Y Cord?

I move my PB around a lot, so ideally I would like to use some kind of docking port to minimize the disconnecting/reconnecting of inputs.

Does anyone know of an efficient way to get this done?

Being low tech, I would especially appreciate detailed instructions/advice, but all comments are welcome!

dj
Powerbook G4 1.5 Ghz (2004)

Reaction score
If you want both monitors to be a mirror image, you can get a DVI distribution amplifier that will buffer two outputs (exactly the same) and send it to two displays. The only way you can create an "extended desktop" is by using the laptops monitor for one display and an external display for the extended device. I have seen a device that operates via firewire 400,l that has a dual mode DVI that controls video, but one would think that it would tax the CPU quite a bit. Hope that helps.

Jason

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.