Weird ringing sound..

Reaction score
Ive had it for a couple of months, but haven't gotten myself to report it here on MF. I searched on Google and nothing pertaining to my situation popped up. So I came here.

The sound is three, loud rings. It comes on at random times. Thats about all I know. I tried restarting..but it still does it. Sometimes, it does it when no applications are running. Anyone know anything I can do?

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Can you describe the "rings" better?

OP
J
Reaction score
Well, they're not really rings..they sound more like "Alert" rings. A "Dun" instead of a "Ding." And it does it three times consecutively. They come at randomt imes.

Thats the best I could do, I cant record it because they're so random. Thanks again.

Reaction score
itermittent ding-ding-ding sound

Was this resolved? I am experiencing something similar on my MacBook Pro (OSX 10.6.4). The alert ("glass ding") sounds intermittently. If I am in a text editor (word, safari, eudora, etc.) "22222..." runs with the alert and then stops. I've checked monitor and ran ps ax in terminal, but am not seeing anything unusual (could send the output). The "2" key is not stuck. I can mute the sound. This occurs even after re-starting the computer.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.