Quick Macbook Screen question...

Reaction score
I bought my first macbook about a month ago. Its been nothing but a joy. I have a quick question though. Today while I was cleaning some dust form the screen, I realized that the white plastic around the screen is sorta seperating at the bottom. Its real tight all around but at the very bottom its is just slightly bowed. Is this maybe a normal thing that can happen or should I take it in and see what the mac dudes think? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
If it's new and you're not happy with it, take it in. I understand the bezel clips on, but I assume you've tried to re-attach it?

OP
F
Reaction score
yea. I tried clicking it back into place. I made an appointment with the Mac Store where I bought it. Its funny cause today at school I found another dude with the exact same problem...pretty wierd. My buddys G4 does the same thing. I'll take it in tomorrow and see what they think...hopefully its not gonna be a big ordeal.

Reaction score
I have that issue too, so does my sisters macbook. It dosent really bother me though due to so many macbooks having that issue. I'm just speculating here but it could be caused by the amount of heat in that region.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16/2.5GB, in a coma
My Macbook does the same thing, only on the left side....I never would have noticed it if you didn't post. If Apple is willing to fix it, I'll bring mine in too :)

OP
F
Reaction score
YEA!!! i would have never notcied it either. Wish I would have never looked so close haha. Im going in today at 1 so when I find out...I will let you all know.

OP
F
Reaction score
Hey guys...i just got back from the Mac Store. The screen thing is normal. That whole white piece around the screen just snaps right on...so its gonna be slightly bendable and not completely flush. Hope this helps any of you who were wondering the same as me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
I've noticed iBooks are notorious for this problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16/2.5GB, in a coma
Hm, that sucks. Oh well. I just hope Apple doesn't continue a pattern of selling defective products as "normal." iPod Touch anyone?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.