New MAcbook Anytime soon???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
im the proud owner of a PB and want to upgrade to a Macbook soon! but im thinking of just waiting till Oct till leopard come out and pre installed lol but is there any new of a price drop or new model Macbook????

Reaction score
im in the same boat as you. The MPB was out for a year before being updated, and I dont want to get mine and an updated version come out a month after.
Im hoping they come out with newer models when they include leopard with it.

Reaction score
MacBook
Last Release - May 15, 2007
Days Since Update - 127 (Avg = 202)

MacBook Pro
Last Release - June 05, 2007
Days Since Update - 106 (Avg = 186)

So I would say both won’t be looking for an update until late November or December, but with the Macworld Conference & Expo in january they might even hold it off until then

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aww oh, i wasnt sure!

ill just cross my fingers and see what happens!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
MacBook
Last Release - May 15, 2007
Days Since Update - 127 (Avg = 202)

MacBook Pro
Last Release - June 05, 2007
Days Since Update - 106 (Avg = 186)

What site is that from? I've seen it before but I can't find it and I forgot to bookmark it. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
wow, thats a pretty frequent update, I thought it was like, twice a year or something. They usually arent major updates though, right, just occasional hardware tweaks except for the once a year-ish big news, or am I completely off base (long time mac fan, 3 month mac owner, so im not 100% up to speed on how everything works)

Reaction score
wow, thats a pretty frequent update, I thought it was like, twice a year or something. They usually arent major updates though, right, just occasional hardware tweaks except for the once a year-ish big news, or am I completely off base (long time mac fan, 3 month mac owner, so im not 100% up to speed on how everything works)

what??? 202 days is less than twice a year, so how is that pretty frequent when you thought it was twice a year? even 186 days is less than twice a year!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Well the MB still hasn't gone Santa Rosa and that's a high probability. Remember, the Macbooks were introduced in May, and they went Core 2 Duo in October. Not that Santa Rosa is the greatest thing since I was born, but still, its really frustrating to buy something and it gets updated like a month later...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.16ghz,2 gigs ram, 120gigs--ipod nano red 4 gig--ipod vid 30 gig black-- rip macbook
whats santa rosa?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Santa Rosa is the new Intel Platform based on the 965 chipset. It has an 800Mhz FSB which can dynamically reduce its clock speed while idling thereby reducing power consumption in addition to the 800Mhz FSB providing for a little more performance. Doesn't make a huge difference though.

Also, when the MBP went Santa Rosa, they got the LED screen upgrade which is more environmentally friendly as well as better backlight than the current LCD displays. they are also power saving. And Jobs said that they were planning on moving all their displays to LED due to the environmental concerns..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
what??? 202 days is less than twice a year, so how is that pretty frequent when you thought it was twice a year? even 186 days is less than twice a year!

186 days is pretty much EXACTLY twice a year. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think they'll do that cause it will canibalise the sales of the Macbook Pro... As long as it runs OS X the way its meant to, I don't see any fancy graphics coming to the Mcabook...

Reaction score
186 days is pretty much EXACTLY twice a year. :D

only if your bad at math is it. i hope you are not an engineer or builder, cos if thats exact then i dread to think what your measurements would be like.

but my point was he made it sound like it was amazing, but totally contradicted himself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
only if your bad at math is it. i hope you are not an engineer or builder, cos if thats exact then i dread to think what your measurements would be like.

Er... 365/2 = 182.5. I'd say that in the context of this discussion that's near enough to 186 as to qualify as "almost exactly"...

Reaction score
At that price, they can't lag behind the generic PC hardware that long, its is only a matter of time.

I don't think they'll do that cause it will canibalise the sales of the Macbook Pro... As long as it runs OS X the way its meant to, I don't see any fancy graphics coming to the Mcabook...

The MacBook was never meant to be a gaming station, so you wouldn't need the graphics right? Unless you're working with photoshop/video, in which case I have no experience. But even still, I would imagine the current graphics will permit you to do some decent work?

My main concern as a student is that the graphics are uneccessary, for my needs. It will consume more power and produce more heat... I just need it to do my work.

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will be using photoshop but nothing extensive.

and correct.

measure twice 3 times even lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.