• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Pop corn ends September 19th

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
The famous speaking clock everyone used to dial to get the time or just to hear it is ending tomorrow. After tomorrow you will get the message saying the number is not in service/use. AT&T is going to be freeing up the 767 numbers after a year tomorrow.

Call it up, get your nostalgia in and record it. Preserve the past. Hopefully AT&T will put this speaking clock and its voice in a museum or something.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have used that Popcorn number since I was a very young kid. Sad to see it go!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
Well that's a huge PITA (especially when you take full advantage of the clr_cmos/clr_rtc/etc. jumper as often as I do... >_<). Now what do we use besides looking up the time on one of the time server websites?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.