MacBook + External Monitor Display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Hi, I have a MacBook + External Monitor Display setup. Is there anyway when I connect the external monitor that the screen ONLY shows on my big monitor? Right now, I have sort of a dual-display type thing with my big LCD and MB monitor. I want to get rid of that and just have my 22" as the main monitor (when plugged in).

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I have MBP and use an external display. Sometimes when plugging in or unplugging it goes into external only display. So I tried a few things here's how I got it to work. MBP on and external display on as secondary. Then I closed the MBP to put to sleep. Once it was asleep I opened it then closed it. It woke up and now is closed using the external display as primary. I'm sure there are other ways but that just worked for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
close it to sleep, then wake it up be using a keyboard or mouse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.