Safe to use other docks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
I have an ipod dock built-in to the base of my monitor, designed for use with every iPod generation excluding all the new ones that just came out. (About 3/4 of a year old.) I feel stupid setting up my iPhone dock right next to a built-in not-being-used iPod dock, so today I decided to just try putting my iPhone in the monitor dock. A notification popped up on the iPhone screen telling me that this dock wasn't designed to work with the iPhone or something like that, but otherwise everything worked completely normally. My question is, do you think I'm hurting my iPhone by using a dock that's not designed for it but otherwise works??

Reaction score
it's fine. I have been using the iPhone with my speaker dock and the Dice car kit for awhile now and everything is fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The iPhone has a normal dock connector. It shouldn't be a problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.