Simple Question

Reaction score
When I tried to open a movie up with quicktime, it said that I need to add "additional components" or something for it to play. I went to the quicktime website and downloaded a bunch of crap, and I still don't know what to do or what I need to do since nothing seems to work. Anyone have the same deal? Did you have to buy quicktime pro or something?... Thanks,

-Dale

Reaction score
Regarding QT, are you using flip4mac ? If not, you should be. It will make life easier especially when viewing Windows Media videos. I use the pro version. You do not have to if you simply watch streaming video's on the 'net.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
even with flip4mac, sometimes there is just issues were you need extra codecs. and it doesn't tell you which ones. i have had this issue and for those files, i just revert to VLC. it works wonders ;)

Reaction score
Granted. But anyone using QT, should also install flip4mac.

OP
H
Reaction score
VLC works perfectly. Thank you all. Much respect! But how could I benefit from having Flip4Mac? It is basicly a video editing program or something?

-Dale

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.