iPod Shuffle 1st Gen - Reliability?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Hi All,

I bought a Shuffle to use for travelling to and from work in August 06,
It's still going strong and I only have to charge it about once every week or so.
How are these long term with getting problems?

My 2004 Mini had to be replaced within the first 6 months under warranty due to major battery problems.
Battery won't charge at all anymore so I can only use it when its in my RoadTrip dock in my car - just hoping it won't go down the same track.

It's a nice unit and didn't cost much - I love the AutoFill options. If it does die on my ill just get a new generation 1GB shuffle I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 500 MHGz 10GB HDD
My dad still has his iPod Shuffle 1st Gen and it works great 8) its been about 2 years and still working strong! You made a good choice on an iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24-inch iMac, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme, 1 TB HD, 4 GB RAM
My 1st Gen shuffle eventually died, the USB connection got loose and my computer wouldn't recognize it. I wound up getting the 2nd Gen shuffle for $79 and I like it much more. Smaller size and the built in clip is way nicer. I also got a 10% recycling discount at the Apple store by trading in my old unit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.