Should I Get The I Book

M

michaelcm

If I buy this it will be my first Mac. So I have some questions to ask.Nut first my uses for this are Internet/email, Photo Editing/Movie editing, Projects(word,slideshows and such), Some Games, Watching DVDs, And listening to Music.(It'll have to be a 12" because I dont have very much $$$)

My questions are is 256 RAM and a 40 GB hard drive enough? Or should I Go with 512 RAM?Does Anyone know when they are going to make the G5 processer?Should i get the airport extreme base station or just a router? Is it a good idea to save some money and buy from amazon? And why do the speeds seem so low, like 1ghz or 1.2 ghz?And why are apples so pricey?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I would go with 512 RAM. Another good way to save is to get refurbished. I think 40 gigs is good, but that really depends on your needs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
256 ram is not enough
G5 will not be in the iBook for at least 1.5/2 yrs at the minimum
Just get a regular router its cheaper
I think you are better off getting it straight from apple
Its called the Mhz Myth....Processor clock speed doesnt mean faster. I use my 867 G4 and it outperforms my P4 2.2ghz in most tasks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
The Apple stores have refurbished with full warrantee

OP
M

michaelcm

Currently under refurbished products they have something that caught my eye.A 14" ibook with 256 RAM(thats not cool)60gb hard drive,combo drive and an airport extreme card for 1299.

OP
M

michaelcm

michaelcm said:
Currently under refurbished products they have something that caught my eye.A 14" ibook with 256 RAM(thats not cool)60gb hard drive,combo drive and an airport extreme card for 1299.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, it takes 30 business days to get to my house that made me cry!!

OP
U

Uni

michaelcm said:

its not that expensive to add additional ram, so i would say buy it. I have a 14" iBook with 384mb RAM and its a little slow for my liking (soon 2 be upgrading :D ) but other than that they are brilliant computers... mine outruns a 3gig P4 if that gives you any idea, and my HD is 3/4 full...

buy it...

Uni/.

OP
M

michaelcm

Uni said:
its not that expensive to add additional ram, so i would say buy it. I have a 14" iBook with 384mb RAM and its a little slow for my liking (soon 2 be upgrading :D ) but other than that they are brilliant computers... mine outruns a 3gig P4 if that gives you any idea, and my HD is 3/4 full...

buy it...

Uni/.

Wow, thats awsome. Now I am almost positive to buy that I Book(now all I have to do is convince my mom thats its a good deal).
Thanks A Ton guys.

OP
M

michaelcm

You know what I have one last question when is the new IBook coming out because if it is within a year or so I'll wait.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.