Lost my iWeb site.. kind of

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
I use iWeb to build the website for my dad's business. Recently I upgraded my hard drive and formatted my old HD for use in another computer. I thought I backed up all my data, but apparently I forgot to backup iWeb. I have the entire site saved on my hard drive from being exported to a folder in iWeb. Is there any way to get it back into the program so I don't have to rebuild the entire site from scratch?

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
I use iWeb to build the website for my dad's business. Recently I upgraded my hard drive and formatted my old HD for use in another computer. I thought I backed up all my data, but apparently I forgot to backup iWeb. I have the entire site saved on my hard drive from being exported to a folder in iWeb. Is there any way to get it back into the program so I don't have to rebuild the entire site from scratch?

You and me both, buddy! Unfortunately there's no way to get it back in. Apple.com help told me: "If you no longer have [the files on your computer], you can view your currently published pages and manually recreate them within iWeb, but there is no way to import published pages back into iWeb."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.