• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Has anyone started a collection yet?

Reaction score
Has anyone started a collection of Apple's products. I know there are plenty of classic Apple products that I'm sure lots of guys have hidden from the public. I'm talking about EVERY G1 - G5 iMac, every iPod, iPhone, etc. Unopened, unused, and perserved. I think it would be cool to look at them 50 years from now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
G1 - G5 iMac????

Are you referring to processors or Generations? If the former, it would be G3 to Intel and if the latter it would Gen 1 to Gen 4.

It would also be butt expensive, but I suspect that someone out there has or is doing it.

OP
Rabbit
Reaction score
G1 - G5 iMac????

Are you referring to processors or Generations? If the former, it would be G3 to Intel and if the latter it would Gen 1 to Gen 4.

It would also be butt expensive, but I suspect that someone out there has or is doing it.

Those PowerMac deals?

What are everyones thoughts on what Apple's technology will be in 50 years?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
What are everyones thoughts on what Apple's technology will be in 50 years?

I can't even imagine 50 years. Just look at what they've done in 20...my 15" MacBook Pro is the perfect computer to me. It can run Windows and Linux virtually, communicate online in about 10 billion ways, and do everything I want it to do without skipping a beat. I have an iPhone that does more stuff, more easily, than I know what to do with. What's next? Who knows! Brain implants, thought-controlled computers, holographic interactive displays...maybe it will be like the tech in the Minority Report movie. Heck, they already have mind-controlled wheelchairs:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/10/mind-controlled-motorized-wheelchair-demonstrated/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM
It has been done I'm sure. Someone on this forum posted a link to a site run by a guy who has turned his basement into an Apple museum. Not sure about ipod and iphone etc but certainly every Apple computer.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If it counts at all I have an original iMac 233Mhz Bondi Blue, a 333Mhz Grape and iMac G5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
~~ Looks at collection in the front office of YourMacStore...~~

Oooh...Replica of the Apple I, Apple IIc, Apple IIGS, a Lisa 2, two Newtons, Macintosh 128k, Macintosh SE, Outbound Laptop, Macintosh portable (mmm 15 lb laptop), Color Classic, a Network server 700, and the Newton eMate...just to name a few. I'll take a picture later and show y'all. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.