Help with accidental delete

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB memory 320GB hard drive
I accidentally moved the wrong folder to my trash can and I emptied the trash can.

Is there anyway I can get that folder with those files back?

Can I restore my MAC to earlier in the day?

Reaction score
Well, you told your Mac to delete it, so it put it into a Trash Can. You told it to confirm and delete again by removing everything in the Trash Can. Sadly, their isn't any restore to a day back that I know of. What was it that you deleted? I had the same problem that I deleted all of my iTunes library but still had it all on my iPod. Have you made a backup before the incident?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB memory 320GB hard drive
Well, you told your Mac to delete it, so it put it into a Trash Can. You told it to confirm and delete again by removing everything in the Trash Can. Sadly, their isn't any restore to a day back that I know of. What was it that you deleted? I had the same problem that I deleted all of my iTunes library but still had it all on my iPod. Have you made a backup before the incident?

Ok, I found the folder on my hard drive. Turns out I didn't delete the wrong one. Now I know to be careful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15" 1GHz 768MB 60GB
Just for future reference, OS 10.5 (Leopard) will allow you to go back and restore lost files. The feature is called Time Machine, and it'll be great as long as you have an external drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.