Macs and BT broadband?

Reaction score
Hello,

I apologise if I've posted this in the wrong place or it's been answered elsewhere, I did have a look and everything.

This is probably a really silly question... I'm planning on buying an apple macbook soon, but there's one thing that I'm unsure about. I have a wireless internet connection. It's called 2wire and it's BT broadband. The downstairs computer is on windows. My question is, does it matter that my wireless is BT broadband and will I be able to connect my macbook to it? What else will I need to buy?

I just want to make sure that I will be able to connect my macbook to the internet with the wireless I've already got.

Again, I'm really sorry if this is wrong.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
bt

hi

i don't imagine the bt wireless router, is any different from any regular
wireless set up e.g.802.g, therefore as a macbook joins any network within range, i reckon you'll be o.k.

regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
I heard the BT HomeHub was not compatible with the mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I heard the BT HomeHub was not compatible with the mac.
Not true ;) my ibook connected to the homehub very easily and was the only one of our computers that I could actually set up with the bt software(had to do the PCs manually).

BT Broadband has been very mac-friendly for me so far, it's why we picked it, but if you're concerned, email them/phone them about it. I'm pretty sure it says on their website that it's mac-compatible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
If it's a 2WIRE router you may have trouble. My father has a 2WIRE router on Supanet broadband, and my MacBook refuses to connect to the wireless netowork, just saying "there was an error." From what I've found, 2WIRE routers are just not very good, but YMMV.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
shouldnt be any problem. is the router 2wire or the internet ?

im guessing the router. research it. I use BT broadband with a netgear router (tweaked slightly for better speed) and it works 100% great

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.