safe uninstalling software in mac x

Reaction score
i guess the only way to uninstall a software is to move the files to the garbage can and delete it...what if you don't know what files/folders are involved...how do you safely uninstall/del a proggie?

thanks
phat

Reaction score
That is pretty much the case, usually everything you need to delete is in the program itself. There are preference files that are left in your User folder, but they are tiny and will not interfere with any other program.

OP
M
Reaction score
i ask this because i tried to remove a program earlier and didn't del all the files or maybe deleted more files then needed...i noticed the computer restarted very very slowly...so i used the disk utility and fix the vol..now is running fast again...maybe i trashed too many files?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
mrdinh, what application did you remove? It shouldn't have impacted restart time... sounds a little worrying. Just in case it was something critical, could you post back which program it was? Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.