Australian iPod touch

Reaction score
Hey all,

I live in western australia, I ordered my 8GB iPod touch on the 15th september and it still hasnt shipped. I was wondering if any other people living in australia have recieved an iPod touch? if so was it from the online store or from an sctual shop?

Cheers
Alex Mills

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I tried that already. Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
When I spoke to NextByte when I was buying my Mac they said no iPod Touch models were coming into the store until 28th Sept. This might have something to do with it.

Reaction score
The Australian Apple Store says that the new iPod only ships on September the 28th. If you've ordered it online you'll get it a week later.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hey hey, great news, well for me anyway but could shed some light for other iPod touch orders. I recieved a shipment notification from Apple telling me my iTouch has left sydney on the way to perth for delivery to Port Hedland on friday the 28th. Which is about a week early, has anyone else got their notifications yet?

Ill yet ya know when I recieve it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
When I spoke to NextByte when I was buying my Mac they said no iPod Touch models were coming into the store until 28th Sept. This might have something to do with it.

I heard the same thing when I asked JB Hi Fi. No I'm not getting one but still I wanted to have a little use of one to see what it's like and got that info.

To millsy05. I think you're lucky to get it (hopefully) on the 28th.

Reaction score
I have a friend who bought from the Apple online shop and received his 16G Touch on Tuesday 25/09 here in Perth.
Regardless of countless articles in the press about Apple shipping early Digilife here in the city are still sticking by their "Released in Australia on the 28/09" story so I'm not sure what the real truth is. It would be nice if someone who knows the real deal to let us in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Where was the origin? Shanghai, Suzhou, or Shenzhen?

Reaction score
hey guys

im in sydney, and im just wondering if i can get one before the 28th (like, if i go to a reseller etc).

thanks!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your best bet would be to go to an Resseller like Digilife in Perth on the 28th. They must have stock so I would go in early to get one, mine has just left perth with TNT to Port Hedland, Ill be picking it up tomorrow. I cant wait

Reaction score
Where was the origin? Shanghai, Suzhou, or Shenzhen?

Ah, sorry I'm not sure. Not that it probably would help much but his was engraved, and I've read that these are coming earlier which seems quite strange. :Confused:

Reaction score
okay.. soo i need a little bit of info here.
is it OUT on the 28th, or it is still shipping on the 28th?

thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
hey all. Im writing this from my new iPod touch. The keyboard takes a bit to get used too but other then that this thing is off the charts. I'm extremely impressed with this device. So far the screen looks pretty good with no negative image effects. Ill keep ya posted on the iTouch experience.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.