iPod Touch seems slow

Reaction score
I was playing with an iPod touch in the Apple store the other day and something about it bothered me- whenever I would turn it on its side when viewing a web page it would take like 5 minutes before it recognized the turn and rotate the view. Same thing when the keyboard popped up for when I was typing in a web address.

Does the iPod touch have the same accellerometer as the iPhone? Is it supposed to work like this? What's the deal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13inch white 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
Is the web page still loading when you turn it on its side? 5 minutes just seems awfully long.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have read review after review and this is the first I have heard of this. Only thing is some are having issues with Black on videos and pictures looking Inverse and washed out. Otherwise I have seen no complaints about the Web on it or anything else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
The accelerometer doesn't really kick in if the thing's on its back (ie. parallel to the ground). Make sure it's upright (perpendicular to the ground) when you rotate it and landscape should kick in quickly.

OP
A
Reaction score
It is upright, I'm 100% sure I'm using it correctly. This problem was consistent with both ipod touches were on display at the Apple store.

Reaction score
Are you sure it was '5 mins'?

Realisticly speaking, how long was it taking?

OP
A
Reaction score
It's taking longer than it should. It's like it just doesn't respond. While the iPhone is loading a webpage it still rotates to landscape.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.