Transfering Files using iPod...

J

Joeytpg

Guys, tonight i tryed to save some data that's on my PC (Some videos, mp3's and documents) to my Powerbook, using the ipod as Hard drive..........but for some reason when i plugged the ipod to the pc (the first time i do this) it asked me to "format" the ipod in order for it to work.....so fine...i did that.....i formated it.......so i copyed the data and plugged the ipod to the mac and then it asked me to format the ipod.....meaning loosing my "just transfered" data......so what's wrong?...what did i do wrong?

my question: "WHAT STEPS DO I NEED TO DO TO TRANSFER SOME DATA THAT'S ON MY PC, TO MY MAC, USING MY IPOD AS EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE?"

thanks! :D

OP
I

iSheep

Mac and PC use different formats. Windows XP and 2000 uses NTFS (Windows 98 and ME using FAT32). Mac uses, well, Mac. The problem is they are talking different languages. There's another topic where somebody has the same problem a day or two ago and they managed to get around it. It can only work one way in one format, or something. Have a search.

OP
J

Joeytpg

thanks bud............i'll keep on searching...

if anyone else know how to, and can answer my question, i'll still be checking for responces here :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.