Let everyone know how bad your iPod Touch screen is!

Reaction score
Everyone knows there is a serious black screen issue with the iPod Touch. We have started a database to show just how widespread this thing is. Please put your info in; it only takes seconds!

iPod Touch Report

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook, 2.5 gb ram, 80 gb hd, 120 gb external drive,10.5...8 gb iPod Touch
I just got my iPod touch today. I loaded a music video on it, it looked pretty bad. All the darks were washed out looking, like you were viewing it from a bad angle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Everyone knows there is a serious black screen issue with the iPod Touch. We have started a database to show just how widespread this thing is. Please put your info in; it only takes seconds!

iPod Touch Report

I didn't. Guess I'm not part of "everyone".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120Gb hard drive, 2Gb ram
mine is perfect too, I even tested it by watching dark/night/outside scenes. Looks great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Not all of the screens are bad, just a portion of them. It's really a hit and a miss right now as the LCD manufacturer skimped on the anti-glare coating on a percentage of units to speed up the manufacturing process.

Granted, it sucks if you got one without the coating, but for those of you still on the fence, just wait a little while for demand to die down and get the Touches where all of the screens have the coating.

Reaction score
Or maybe they are not and they just can't see it.

The problem is only visible on mine in very dark scenes, so I am guessing others have it worse than I do? Anything bright and it looks great.

Reaction score
I have a touch here, and my screen is fine. Even on nighttime/dark scense all looks grand. I do see that Apple are looking are replacing faulty screens though ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
how can one tell if one has a faulty screen.. my darker images are pretty dang drak.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.