Dead Pixels :(

M

menace3054

just noticed a pink dot in the top left corner, and a black dot in the center of the screen...

it kind of pisses me off because my computer is only 5 weeks old, and was very expensive. my old dells in the past never had pixels burnt out..

my question is, what is mac's rule on dead pixels? do you need a **** load before theyll replace the screen? i think thats kind of stupid becuase who will be happy with a few burnt out dots on their 2000 laptop? let me know.. thanks

OP
M

menace3054

wait.. just restarted my cpu and theres another pink one on the middle right of the screen. i am REALLY disapointed

OP
J

Joeytpg

listen....from what i've heard.....to get a new computer or a new screen from apple you need to have a lot of dead pixels ....so, if you only have a few they ain't gonna change it.....or fix it for free... (i guess)....maybe someone can correct me.

What you can do is Massage the dead pixel with some soft fabric, like silk.....massage it everyday, a couple times a day........doing this might fix reactivate the pixels..........i've read a lot of people saying this has worked for them........i'm sorry you're going throw this... and remember that this isn't an apple problem.......this dead pixel thing tends to happen to LCD monitors no matter the brand.....

good luck on that.....

OP
M

menace3054

alright, well then apple needs to change lcd companies, because my old dell or ibm never had dead pixels. figured with expensive laptops, they'd use good quality lcd's.. anyway.. tried the massaging thing all night, they didnt go away. ones a green and ones a blue pixel. they are nice and pink now

OP
P

PowerbookG417

the magic number for dead pixels is 8...the reason it is 8 becuase if they were to manufactor a perfect LCD display they would have so much waste that the cost of them would be crazy....you think your PBook cost alot now...just think
you can some times get the leads to start working again my massaging the area from behind on the aluminum or on the front in a circular pattern..this got one of my 3 dead ones back to life and has held now for just under a year
- other than that..just wait till you get a couple more then give apple a call :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
yup just rub it clock wise gently.. (or country clockwise.. can never rem) ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
menace3054 said:
alright, well then apple needs to change lcd companies, because my old dell or ibm never had dead pixels. figured with expensive laptops, they'd use good quality lcd's.. anyway.. tried the massaging thing all night, they didnt go away. ones a green and ones a blue pixel. they are nice and pink now

Dead or lit pixels aren't a problem specific to Apple. Search Google for "Dell dead pixels" & "IBM dead pixels" and you'll find plenty of complaints. It's unfortunate, but defective pixels can, and often do, occur on flat-panel displays of all price ranges. I would suggest contacting Apple about the problem to see if they'll repair it for you.

OP
J

Joeytpg

yeah dude.......don't give up.......keep massaging the pixels......and forget about them.....maybe in a few weeks they'll dissappear

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.