i work 08 or microsoft office?

Reaction score
advantages and disadvantages of both please and personal favs and why......
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
iWork is easier to use and produces some nice looking docs. Office offers better compatibility with office for windows.

I'd go for iWork (or at least try it for free for 30 days)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
Do not buy Office now, as there is a new version coming out in January, and the current version is not a Universal binary, so it can slow down at times on intel Macs. Personally, iWork does everything I need it to do, and does it very well at a much lower price than Microsoft Office. You can also try NeoOffice which is free.

The best advice you will get is this: there are free demos available for both Office and iWork. Download the demos, give them a try, and decide for yourself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
Microsoft Office > iWork

Even though I think iWork is better, I use Office for compatibility reasons and I've never had a problem with it.;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I been using Pages lately to write reports for work. The export feature in Pages is really good, it will flag any compatibility concerns with M$ office. So far from experience, the only problem I have is tables created in Pages (with alternate row coloring) are not compatible with office. I am trying to get away from Office little by little.

I would say, like mentioned here, try it for thirty-days and experiment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13inch white 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
I also faced the same decision. I chose iWork 08. Yes, Office is more compatible but you can export/import documents in iWork and for my needs iWork is perfect and less expensive. If I do get Office at some point I will wait until the new version releases.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.