Mapping to a hidden share on a Windows Server

Reaction score
I have a couple users who are running MacBooks on our Windows network. They can browse the network just fine and attach to the shares they need except for their Home Directories, which are located in a hidden share on the Windows server (\\Servername\homedirs$\username).....There's got o be a way to map or at least browse to a hidden share from OSx, but I can't find the answer...Any help would be much appreciated!

OP
T
Reaction score
I figured it out....I needed to add the "smb" to the connection string in Finder. BUT, if I have two deparate Windows shares in there, I can connect to one, but if I try another, it says "already connected" to this volume. Basically, I have a public share and a hidden "Homedirs" share on the same volume (D:\) on the server.....I need to be able to connect o both without just blindly connecting to "D$" for the user...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.