Yahoo mail has acted weird last few days. wont download mail at all now

Reaction score
The last few days my yahoo mail has been acting funny for 3 days now. I wont get messages until hours after it arrived at yahoo. Its just so Today it wont download messages at all. When i hit the mail "button" it says "checking for mail" with the turning wheel next to it, but it never changes. Is this happening to other people too?

Also are there any settings to turn yahoo pushmail on? or does it happen automatically?

Thanks
Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
No, mine also doesn't push mail from my account to my iPhone. The only way to get the messages is to push the mail icon and then wait for it to update...then they show up.

Reaction score
I have noticed that also. Been trying to reply to an email for three days and it will not do it. I am closing out that account and switching over to gmail instead. I am tired of all the spam coming into Yahoo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
That happened to me like 2 weeks ago. It only lasted one afternoon though. I don't think I did anything to fix it.

OP
K
Reaction score
Well its working somewhat now. It never refuses to send or receive mail. But the mail only pushes intermittently. Usually i have to check it myself. This is poor poor quality. I hope they are planning on fixing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
One of my gmail accts was doing this yesterday. had to delete the acct from the phone and put it on again, and it works now. It was weird.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I thought there was a setting to change it to update your mail every 15 mins or half hour. I remember something like that. It still makes me update though by hitting the refresh button because my phone won't do it itself. It will go off immediately when I get mail though.
Today it wouldn't sync at all. I couldn't connect to EDGE either. After many hours I did a reset and everything worked again. I was in the middle of a good playlist and couldn't stop it, otherwise I would have reset earlier.
Mail is touchy with me. I wouldn't switch to gmail though. My gf has gmail and she would get only 10% of the e-mails I sent to her. It was a joke!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is this a PAY yahoo email account? You are checking this with Apples Mail application?

For the past few months they have been sending out emails warning they are switching to SSL Secure servers for POP & SMTP. Did you change your settings to the new servers? By now I am sure they have taken down the older servers. They were running side by side so users could change over.

OP
K
Reaction score
Is this a PAY yahoo email account? You are checking this with Apples Mail application?

For the past few months they have been sending out emails warning they are switching to SSL Secure servers for POP & SMTP. Did you change your settings to the new servers? By now I am sure they have taken down the older servers. They were running side by side so users could change over.

I haven't changed anythign knowingly. I just set the account up about 2 weeks ago. I am checking it with the built in iphone email checker. I dont beleive there are any settings for yahoo mail. Its supposed to automatically be pushmail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.