Couples Engagement Photos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I live in University housing and am surrounded by law students, I called up my neighbor and he said that fair use laws are very vague.
Fair Use isn't really that vague.
The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law said:
examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author's observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported."

Source
The purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered “fair,” are criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.
If someone was attempting to clarify or drive home an idea to you and used your photo to do so, then he is technically within his rights to do so under Fair Use. It is obvious that in the context of this thread, it was used to illustrate a concept, and not used for any illegal activity or personal gain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Wow, don't have time to visit for a few weeks and miss all the fun.

The problem with so many photography sites is the "Nice shot" syndrome that makes people with no talent believe they are more gifted than they really are.

The above comment is not directed toward the originator of this thread as I did not see the images, its more a general observation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.