Easy printer question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel iMac
I had a printer at one time that had no Mac driver, so I tried a driver for it that was a "similar" model number. Well, it didn't work, and now there's a program that starts every time OSX starts up called "X1100 Series button Monitor". How do I keep this program from loading every time it starts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo (Aluminum & Glass) 260 GB HD
go into the Macintosh HD and into the Applications folder, look for anything similar to that Monitor program and trash it.

OP
elfmanvt07
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel iMac
There's nothing in there like it. Now what?

Reaction score
Open System Preferences and click on Accounts. Click on Login Items in your account and remove X1100 Series button monitor from the login Items.

OP
elfmanvt07
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel iMac
It's also not in this list. The only thing there is iTunes helper. This is really starting to irritate me.

Reaction score
That looks similar to what's running on mine...it's a Lexmark printer?
Look in /Library/Application Support/Lexmark or what ever your printer is and see if there is an app there. It might say scanner bundle or printer bundle.
If so, then you might move the Lexmark folder and restart and see what happens.
If that's not it, you can always put it back. You might need to authenticate to move it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.