• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Sick of Micro$oft's BS and UPS craptacular service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I sent in my Xbox 360 for repairs mid July because it had the red ring of death. Xbox customer care was helpful, and they took care of the repairs and shipping. They shipped it out, and screwed up my address somehow. I wanted the 360 to be shipped at my work address, so someone would be there to sign for it. So UPS held the package at their warehouse. I called UPS several times to verify my address. They said an urgent message was sent to the local warehouse where my package was being held. I asked for the local warehouse phone number so I can talk to them direct, for some odd reason they don't have it. I called UPS again they said the address doesn't exist even thought we have packages delivered to our shop on a daily basis.
Mid-August, after several attempts to contact UPS and to have them ship my package, I finally decide to drop some f-bombs cause I was loosing patience.
I asked the UPS driver, who delivers packages to our shop all the time (practically know him by name now), for the number to our local warehouse. He gave it to me. I called the local warehouse. They said the package was sent back to the repair facility in Texas. I called 360 support again, they told me UPS still has it. They talked to the manager at UPS and said I had to call UPS again to verify my address.
I told them I did that for the past month and a half.
So I try calling UPS again, they said the shipper has to place a tracer on the package now because they don't know where it is.
I try to call 360 support, and the 360 support lines are going to be down for several hours because of maintenance.
So what was supposed to be a 3 day delivery time is taking almost 3 months and counting.
I'm sorry for the rant, but I spent 400 bucks on the thing and all I have to show for it are unplayed games still in their wrappers because some idiot messed up at Microsoft and UPS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Man,

That really stinks! I really have been fed up with UPS as of late. They are always messing things up for me too. They will reroute my packages even when they are in THIS STATE!! Or if they check into one of the UPS stores around here, and then they reroute the package and deliver it 3 days later, for no reason it travels with them across 3 more states and then back to indianapoils.

It makes no sense to me, I don't know what the heck is going on with UPS, they raised their rates too! They really have been annoying me because every package that is supposed to be delivered here, you can't count on it actually showing up when it's supposed to be here. My iMac is supposed to be here Wednesday, I kind of doubt it though.

I hope you get the issue resolved soon!

Good Luck!

Reaction score
Wow, that's terrible. I've had similar experiences like that so I feel your pain. Hope everything works out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
UPS didn't tell me when my old Dell laptop was arriving, didn't have a clue!

I know the frustration and I hope it is sorted for you.

Nick.

P.S

Why a "red ring" I thought a blue ring would go better.......BSOD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Yeah, I kind of prefer FedEx lately, and this is why.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
I will never, ever use UPS again if I can possibly avoid it. UPS sent a $4200 Dell laptop I bought a couple years ago to some city in SoCal a good 300-odd miles away, with a name that sounds nothing like the name of the city it was supposed to go to (nor did it even start with the same letter), they sent it to a street that again, did not have a similar-sounding or similarly-spelled name, and dropped it off at a completely different building #.

THEN, after they managed to retrieve it and send it back here, the UPS guy got mad at me when I made him wait while I inspected it to make sure it hadn't been opened and screwed around with. I looked at him and said "Well, if you guys hadn't lost it in the first place, you wouldn't be waiting here now. If you're going to complain to anyone about it, do it to your manager, not to me."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I haven't had any problems with UPS or FedEx, The only shipper I have ever had problems with is DHL, they can't seem to find their way out of the city it is shipping out of.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I hate Canada Post Regular Parcel. Guaranteed late!™

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
Ok - here's a good UPS story :Evil: A couple of years ago, I had some expensive electronic equipment shipped to me via UPS. When the box arrived, it looked like it had literally been drop kicked several times. The words "Fragile" and "Handle with Care" had been written on each side by the sender. There were huge dents in the box; each side had been smashed in. It didn't look like something heavy had been set on top of it or anything, it looked like somebody had kicked the sides in. I took photos of the box on my doorstep from several angles before opening it. Luckily, the sender had packaged it very securely, and the equipment inside was undamaged. I was sure it would be ruined, but it was fine.

A few months later, I happened to be talking with a security guy at my office, and he mentioned that he used to work for UPS...as a warehouse loader or stocker or something. I said, "let me ask you something, when you guys were bored or just messing around, would you ever throw packages around or kick them or anything just for fun?" He was like, "Yeah, all the time!" I said something like "oh, you were probably the guy that kicked my package that said 'Fragile' on it, ha, ha." He was like, "yeah, probably, ha,ha." Since my stuff was fine, I never had to do anything about it. But I thought that was pretty amazing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
On thing i hate is when things get to the border and take forever to clear customs..... Or even wen tracking numbers fail to work, then after you receive the package you get an email telling you it was signed for...i know it was received, i received it!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I've had trouble with UPS, too, leecho. Sorry about your experience ~ it certainly deserves a rant!

Someone told me a long time ago not to ship boxes with "fragile" written on them. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
I've had trouble with UPS, too, leecho. Sorry about your experience ~ it certainly deserves a rant!

Someone told me a long time ago not to ship boxes with "fragile" written on them. :p

Ha - I guess it probably looks a bullseye to those guys, eh?? :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.