So I come home after a nice day and I find out that new iPods are coming Monday

I

iSheep

It doesn't look like they've changed all that much, just stuck a new wheel on it and made it thiner. Fair enough I suppose, it's still nice, I just expected a big kick up the backside.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I wonder if the new software features will be available in an update for exisiting or at least 3G iPods?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
schweb said:
I wonder if the new software features will be available in an update for exisiting or at least 3G iPods?
Interesting point. I see no reason not to ;)

OP
A
Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
witeshark said:
Interesting point. I see no reason not to ;)
Your kidding, right?
Apple wants your money! They want you to fork over that money for a new iPod with new features!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
I ain't buying it. I love my 3G iPod. I just came back from Tahoe and it lived through me flipping in a kayak and floating around in the lake! No way im trading this baby in. It has history with me now.

W

WhitE_RabbiT

I'm a little upset. I just got my 3G not all THAT long ago. I want a new one :(

I

Icarus

since I'm going into college in the fall - I've been saving up a lot of money for sporatic spending. Well, this is as sporatic as it comes...just put my old one up on Ebay...(I know I won't get much for it...hoping at least $100...) but then I'm off to buy me a 40gb maybe tomorrow? Sheesh...I am such an impuse buyer...my mom'll kill me if she finds out though...

M

michaelcm

Hey The new IPod is cheaper than the old one was...a 20 GB used to be 400 now its 299...i think unless i read my numbers wrong(as usual) :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
michaelcm said:
Hey The new IPod is cheaper than the old one was...a 20 GB used to be 400 now its 299...i think unless i read my numbers wrong(as usual) :D

Nope,

20GB = $299
40GB = $399
USD, of course :)

C

cakman2

I guess the 60 gig will be soon to follow at $499? thats what I am waiting for. i do like that scroll wheel from the mini way better than my 30 gig G3.

I

Icarus

the one thing I really wish they did was make an optional firewire 800 to go along with it...that'd be nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
I want the battery. Thats all i want. I hate the Click-Wheel.

I

Icarus

the battery is nice...I like the look of the click wheel also, haven't really used it enough to have an opinion.

I

IndianPowerbook

it sucks that i had my 3rd gen iPod personalized....noone would buy it~ **** this individual society!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
The price is Ok, here in the uk that is. A 3G 20gig costs £299, and the 4G 20gig costs £219, £40 more than the mini iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.