Slower Internet Speed when using Airport Express

Reaction score
I've purchased an Aiport Express Base recently and mainly use it for my surround sound in my living room to play music wireless.

I have Rogers Yahoo! Portable High Speed Internet.. basically a 1.5Mbps down/ 512Kbps up wireless internet. It's a modem that you plug into a power outlet and into your Ethernet connection.

When plugged indirectly to my MacBook I am getting download speed of about 1.6Mbps down. When I connect the modem to Airport Express and connect to my Airport Express using the MacBook, I get about 300-400Kbps down speeds with having 5 bars out of 5 on the connection meter..

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Is there a setting that could be limiting it?

Thanks,
Andrew.

Reaction score
personally i don't use airport i use netgear but all routers have a way to log into them and change the settings ... possibly the airport utility in your utilities folder in applications. sorry im not much help for that

Reaction score
found this in faq

Q: How do I access my router’s configuration options?
A: Like with many things, the process will vary depending on the make and model of your router. Typically this is done by connecting a computer via an Ethernet connection to the back of your router directly. Then, open a web browser (like Safari or Firefox) and typing the IP address of the router in the address bar. The IP address, username and password for logging into the router’s configuration page is typically listed in your router’s manual.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks Ivan.

Airport Express doesn't have that option anywhere in the set up that I can find. And it doesn't let you connet to the settings through it's ip. It's usually done through the AirPort Utility.

Thanks for the help anyway :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.