newb here, login question

Reaction score
i just got my macbook with os x 10.4.10 a few days ago and i downloaded the alarm clock pro app. and its still the trial version. i tried testing to see to see if it would turn on my computer, but didnt.:Grimmace: is it because its a trial version or does it have to do with the login password?? i am the only account and i cannot check the automatically log in as box. how can i automatically login without having to type my password when my computer starts up??? thanks in advance

OP
A
Reaction score
oh and i did try searching but wasnt able to find what i was looking for. all the posts i have seen say to check the automatically log in as box but i cant since i have the only account. is there a way of doing this without creating another account??

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, alphanumer1c.

I've never tried Alarm Clock Pro but did you try emailing the developer? In my experience, shareware developers in the Mac community are usually very close to the people that use their products and love to hear some feedback. Maybe your settings aren't correct or something.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Am pretty sure that before you can check Auto login from within the app - you will need to set Auto login on the system itself - however - would not recommend this if your computer travels outside the house or you have roommates.

That is done in System Preferences - Accounts - look for Login Options toward the bottom left of the screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.